Some take up arms for glory, wealth, or revenge. Others do battle to prove themselves, to protect others, or because they know nothing else. Still others learn the ways of weaponcraft to hone their bodies in battle and prove their mettle in the forge of war. Lords of the battlefield, fighters are a disparate lot, training with many weapons or just one, perfecting the uses of armor, learning the fighting techniques of exotic masters, and studying the art of combat, all to shape themselves into living weapons. Far more than mere thugs, these skilled warriors reveal the true deadliness of their weapons, turning hunks of metal into arms capable of taming kingdoms, slaughtering monsters, and rousing the hearts of armies. Soldiers, knights, hunters, and artists of war, fighters are unparalleled champions, and woe to those who dare stand against them.
Days of heavy, shining armor are a thing of the distant past in the current era. Armor has been reshaped to be less obtrusive, more sleek and form fitting that can be worn under clothing or in conjunction with as a form of "unique" fashion.
Suggested Class Archetypes
- Buckler Duelist-
- Learned Duelist- Some universities develop a reputation for churning out fearsome duelists. At the end of each academic year, the students all gather together and duel one another with light blades. Each student duels one opponent after another until he is marked on the cheek by an adversary’s blade. These scars are widely recognized as marks of their prowess.
- Lore Warden- A lore warden knows that the best way to defeat an enemy isn't necessarily to out muscle it, but to out think it.
- Relic Master
- Sensate- A sensate perceives battle through senses beyond mortal ken, anticipating his opponents’ movements before they even begin to act. As long as he keeps his focus about him, he fights with a skill rivaling that of the finest masters-at-arms.
- Swordlord- Swordlords are among the deadliest and most feared fighters of the world. They have spent long years mastering the dueling sword, against both other dueling swords and all manner of other weaponry. Their speed and reflexes weave a net of impenetrable steel around them, from which they strike and harry their unfortunate opponents.
- Tactician- While many fighters focus on the fundamentals of melee and ranged combat, there are those who are trained to view the bigger picture on the battlefield. These fighters use their training and tactical acumen to overcome challenges that would overwhelm mere brute strength and skill at arms.